Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, May 22, 2010


Today finds us dizzy, slightly unbalanced, as our plate - jammed as it is already - nearly runneth over, along with my patience with some funky Balinese weirdo music Heather insists is grounding her. It's sending me flying. I take umbridge at supporting music from countries where we refuse to send our products to be made. A bit of a mixed signal, in my book - do pardon the unintended pun.

I needn't music (especially funky beats) to ground me - cookies and quite a good deal of coffee's quite enough, thank you.

I did what one can only do in said situation - I've donned the Skull and Cross Bone Wellies, waded into Funky Balinese Whatnot, blocking out as much as possible, to remain focused on the task at hand: ordering full size color swatches from Sherwin Williams. Cherries with Danes: ordered. Lemons and Cream: lost.

Don't panic.

I keep repeating that phrase as I wander, frantically from room to room (and they're not that many rooms here) in my head, where only I can hear it, lest I disrupt the simply gorgeous painting Heather has up. Oh, I've tossed the odd bit of "just a sec, luv" (when in doubt, switch to an English accent, it tends to quiet the rising panic in this house at least), along with the ubiquitous "of course it's not lost, what do you take me for?!" as perhaps righteous indignation alone levitates said color swatch palate.

Music. Not. Helping.

Swanning into the kitchen, yet again, I lost focus; suddenly yearning for a deep, rich black tea, with a soupcon of honey. (or a really big heaping splash of it, truth be told) I needn't honey; tis'nt time for tea with a bun. Nearly; though nearly never counts for us. All or nothing is our motto. We're either pleased, or, perhaps, not.

Dry mouthed, casually sauntering back into our Creative Space (a nook, which is sooo fabulous) winking at me behind the drafting table, amid brushes, paint, note scraps lie our samples.

I've not been so thrilled to begin something so tedious in all my life.

I'd dance for joy?

But this is so not the music for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment