Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, May 13, 2010


I've been fighting with the website.

For the record, I absolutely realize why it is I've not aspired a career in internet technology - not only do I not exactly enjoy trying to figure it out, it's a skill I've yet to acquire.

At the rate I'm going, I won't need to. This software will be obsolete. I'll be able to dictate how the site shall look, with these colors, and that softness here; the sidebar over there. A little more to the left. No, maybe the right. Nope, I was right the first time, the left.

I can't wait for that day.

Instead, I'm mired in the here and now. In Website Purgatory. Every decision fraught with peril, as I've managed to delete several items in one go (thank heavens for that "undo" button) while simultaneously editing something I didn't want (or need) edited. Now that the copy is perfect?

I cannot for the life of me figure out how it goes on the site.

Where is the glamour, the martini opening parties, for the boutiques I've planned, with fancy nibbles, chilled cocktails, napkins in several of our patterns, fabulous handbag gracing one arm, the other out to hug and smooch all those that helped us get to that point, in a pair of jeans that - oh, wait, I don't want to give away the surprise.

Trust me, you'll love it.

Until the that day, I'm muddling through arranging the website without calling the company in for backup.

As I'm on a first name basis with three of the attendants in customer service, I have a sneaking suspicion they draw straws to see who has to field my calls.

I'd say I'd keep you posted - but I don't think at this point, I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment